VIU

Monday, October 28, 2013

ARE HANDWRITTEN NOTES SOON TO BE EXTINCT?

Think about the last time that you received a handwritten message from someone.  When was it?  It might be hard to actually think of a recent instance when your received one.  We use so many digital tools these days to communicate.  Whether you use Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or another resource, you are probably writing less and less than you used to.  Do you think that handwritten letters are soon going to be extinct?  I certainly hope not!

I fondly remember opening the mailbox to find a letter from my grandmother.  No matter how many times we would talk on the phone or see each other in person, she would always send me a monthly update.  There’s something to be said for holding a piece of paper in hand with handwritten messages!  Now that she’s gone, I miss getting these letters.  Sometimes I pick up old letters that she wrote me and it has much more power than reading an email or thinking of a memory.

Tell us your story!  Who do/did you correspond with via written messages (letters, notes, etc.)? 

No comments:

Post a Comment